The Divine Mercy Cenacle
The Divine Mercy Cenacle at St. Francis is a small faith group of the Eucharistic Apostles of The Divine Mercy. We meet to pray together in gratitude to God and in petition The Divine Mercy Chaplet; we study God’s Divine Mercy through Sacred Scripture, the Catechism, and St. Faustina’s Diary. Please join us to grow in your faith and relationship with the Lord.
- To profess and proclaim the truth of the Real Presence of Jesus in the Most Holy Eucharist, and to promote, insofar as possible, Perpetual Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament and the hourly offering of The Divine Mercy Chaplet for the dying;
- To bring to a hurting world The Divine Mercy Message and Devotion according to the revelations granted to the church through Saint Faustina Kowalska;
- To form small faith groups, called cenacles, which meet;
- To pray for and encourage vocations to the priesthood and the religious life;
- To pray and work for an end to the scourge of abortion in the world;
- To experience the splendor of our Catholic Faith through the study of Sacred Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the Diary of Saint Faustina Kowalska;
- To encourage members in the exercise of the Faith through the spiritual and corporal works of mercy, and to help people to become sensitive to the gift and beauty of all life, especially through care for the “lepers” of today---the rejected, the lonely, the disabled, the elderly, and the dying.
Time: 6:30 P.M. on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, except in December.
Place: Marquez and Marquez, 3120 18th Street, Ste. A, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Materials: Catholic Bible, Catechism of the Catholic Church, Diary of St. Faustina (Divine Mercy in My Soul), Cenacle Formation Manual Vol. 2 and 3, Pope Blessed John Paul II’s On the Mercy of God.
Laura Halbur at (661) 872-4909
or Judy Noack at (661) 871-3298